Emergency is our annual platform for live art + contemporary performance, since 2000 showing around 30 short pieces of work over a day/evening in Manchester each autumn.
A new iteration for 2020 is Emergency StopGap — a small informal platform to bridge the gap between gallery + theatre, and to fill the empty months of winter…
Our inaugural Emergency StopGap took place on Thursday 27 February 2020 from 6-10pm in Manchester’s NIAMOS — an informal ‘Thursday Late’ style evening featuring 13 durational live works + interventions in and around the building — now that it’s over, see our gallery of images.
Our twentieth Emergency took place on Saturday 21 September 2019 with 34 live works taking over two sites in Manchester’s Hulme: NIAMOS during the daytime, and STUN Studio + Z-arts in the evening — now that it’s over, see our gallery of images.
Emergency StopGap is:
• an informal Pay What You Decide public event + open submission platform;
• an opportunity for artists to meet, show, and peer-review work.
• an informal Pay What You Decide public micro-festival + open submission platform;
• an opportunity for artists to meet, show, and peer-review work;
• a selection event for a number of small Works Ahead commissions to be developed + supported by hÅb.
Emergency StopGap was presented by Word of Warning; produced by hÅb; supported by NIAMOS. #EmergencyStopGap
Emergency 2019 was presented by Word of Warning; produced by hÅb; supported by NIAMOS, STUN (Sustained Theatre Up North) + Z-arts. #EmergencyMcr