Emergency, our annual platform for live art and contemporary performance, is coming of age!
With a whole range of spaces to fill — what we now need is a lots of great work! Whilst Emergency isn’t themed, if anybody would like to create an eighteenth birthday celebration, we’d be more than amenable, and might be able to top the budget up a bit for the right project!
So… Artists working in live art and contemporary performance are invited to submit proposals of short pieces of work, works-in-progress or extracts of longer works for inclusion in this event.
Proposals are also encouraged for durational, one-to-one and limited capacity work; performance installation and intervention-based works in and around the spaces available.
• a free, public micro-festival + open submission platform;
• an opportunity for artists to meet, show and peer-review work;
• a selection event for a number of small Works Ahead commissions to be developed + supported by hÅb.
Work can be in any relevant artform/medium, though some live presence is desirable. Show-type work should be 20 minutes max in duration, low tech and suitable for quick turnarounds, self-supporting in terms of props/set/equipment and specialised technology.
Emergency 2017 will offer an honorarium of up to £100 per piece selected, to cover fees/expenses. If you have an idea for a larger 18th birthday piece, please get in touch to discuss first.
• download the Emergency Open Call Guidance Notes here;
• complete the Online Proposal form;
• complete the Online Monitoring form (please do, it really helps us!).
• Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org | emergencymcr.org | #EmergencyMcr
DEADLINE: Friday 11 August 2017, 5pm.
Actual links, to cut + paste into a web browser:
Emergency 2017 is presented by Word of Warning; produced by hÅb; supported using public funding by Arts Council England, and by Manchester City Council, STUN + Z-arts.