Presented by Word of Warning + Z-arts
Saturday 27 April 2019, 12noon-3pm. FREE
Turn up at any time, come and go as you please, and expect the unexpected… Intriguing images and offbeat oddities dotted around Hulme’s historic Z-arts building. Playful, quirky, engaging and sometimes plain daft: this is for kids and their adults, adults and their adults — in short, anyone looking for a different day out.
To get a feel for it, have a look at some artist images + read the programme notes.
Artists + Activity (subject to change)
Chrissy Jones | Emily Demetriou + Hector Dyer | Fun Science | Joe Stevens | Julie Burrow | Lady Helena Vortex + Mx Lucille Power | Monsur Mansoor | Natalie Wardle | Nicola Smith | Powder Keg | YEAP Association
A bubbling symphony of a day — clouds of foam and a balloon-dance in reverse. Pop away your hang-ups, create a magical tree of fantasy creatures or play a game of high-flying paper stakes. Playful shadows, scarecrows with a conscience, a signing musical statue, and the hardest working moth in Tinseltown.
Venue + Booking Details
Date: Saturday 27 April 2019, 12noon-3pm
Venue: Z-arts, 335 Stretford Road, Manchester, M15 5ZA
Tickets: FREE — no booking required, turn up at any time, come and go as you please.
Tel: 0161 232 6089 (Z-arts)
Age advisory: suitable for ALL. The works in Haphazard 2019 take place in a number of different spaces and formats — some seated, some standing, some spoken word, some visual, some participatory. We apologise but some work may not be wheelchair accessible due to the nature of the Z-arts building. For specific age + access information please email email@example.com or call 0161 232 6086.
What people have said about Haphazard
• Fantastically random & fun for all ages.
• It’s great that this is free, it makes it really accessible. The children have really enjoyed it, we’ve been here all day.
• A great range of work, the girls have been really entertained.
Audience Feedback from 2017
• Bizarre surreal fun. Creative. Very interactive. Unpredicatable.
• Quirky performances, lots going on. First-timer here, would come back.
• Better than Shrek the Musical… freedom to explore & children to play. Brilliant!
Audience Feedback from 2016
• Absolutely brilliant, for kids and grown ups.
• We liked the drop-in, continuous feel, like you weren’t missing stuff.
• Loved the way the event uses the whole space. Wacky and creative fun!
Audience Feedback from 2015
• Great! Everyone was energetic & friendly — very easy to interact with!
• Suitably crazy & surreal for children and their grown-ups.
• Really enjoyed the event and it’s particularly nice to experience something a bit different, especially as adults, it is quite eye-popping…
Audience Feedback from 2013
Haphazard 2019 is recommended by Creative Tourist.