Presented by Word of Warning + Z-arts
Saturday 27 April 2019, 12noon-3pm. FREE
Turn up at any time, come and go as you please, and expect the unexpected…
Intriguing images and offbeat oddities dotted around the historic Z-arts building. Playful, quirky, engaging and sometimes plain daft: this is for kids and their adults, adults and their adults — in short, anyone looking for a different day out.
To get a feel for it, have a look at 2017’s programme + images.
Venue + Booking Details
Date: Saturday 27 April 2019, 12noon-3pm
Venue: Z-arts, 335 Stretford Road, Manchester, M15 5ZA
Tickets: FREE — no booking required, turn up at any time, come and go as you please.
NB some works might have a limited capacity, with either sign-up sheets on the day or operating on a first-come, first-served basis; participating artists to be announced.
Tel: 0161 232 6089 (Z-arts)
Age advisory: suitable for ALL. The works in Haphazard 2019 take place in a number of different spaces and formats — some seated, some standing, some spoken word, some visual, some limited capacity (marked †), some participatory. We apologise but some work may not be wheelchair accessible due to the nature of the Z-arts building. For specific age + access information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 232 6086.
To date, Haphazard has seen ping pong balls and squeaky toys; a singing fish and a sax-playing bear; paintball golf and human quoits; a giant periscope, a golden toilet, and a tiny bee-shaped world — why not join us to see what 2019 will conjure?
What people have said about Haphazard
• Fantastically random & fun for all ages.
• It’s great that this is free, it makes it really accessible. The children have really enjoyed it, we’ve been here all day.
• A great range of work, the girls have been really entertained.
Audience Feedback from 2017
• Bizarre surreal fun. Creative. Very interactive. Unpredicatable.
• Quirky performances, lots going on. First-timer here, would come back.
• Better than Shrek the Musical… freedom to explore & children to play. Brilliant!
Audience Feedback from 2016
• Absolutely brilliant, for kids and grown ups.
• We liked the drop-in, continuous feel, like you weren’t missing stuff.
• Loved the way the event uses the whole space. Wacky and creative fun!
Audience Feedback from 2015
• Great! Everyone was energetic & friendly — very easy to interact with!
• Suitably crazy & surreal for children and their grown-ups.
• Really enjoyed the event and it’s particularly nice to experience something a bit different, especially as adults, it is quite eye-popping…
Audience Feedback from 2013
Haphazard 2017 was reviewed by Rainy City Kids.