Presented by Word of Warning + Z-arts
Saturday 1 April 2017, 12noon-4pm. FREE
Intriguing images and offbeat oddities dotted around the historic Z-arts building with an April Fool’s twist. Playful, quirky, engaging and sometimes plain daft: this is a free day out for kids and their adults, adults and their adults — in short, anyone looking for a different day out.
Turn up at any time; come + go as you please + expect the unexpected…
Venue + Booking Details
Date: Saturday 1 April 2017, 12noon-4pm
Venue: Z-arts, 335 Stretford Road, Manchester, M15 5ZA
Tickets: FREE, no ticket booking required, come + go as you please (N.B. some activity may operate on a first-come, first-served basis.)
Venue Tel: 0161 232 6089
Artists + Activity (subject to change)
AAA Batteries | Benjamin McChrystal Plimmer | Chris Sav | Delpha Hudson + Nigel Bispham | Grace Surman + Clare Dearnaley | Lani Irving + Chloe Smith | Megan Egglestein | Michael Gleave | Natalie Wearden + Indigo Branscombe | Nicola Smith | Philip Breadney | Rebekka Platt
Age advisory: suitable for ALL. Haphazard 2017 takes place in a number of different spaces and formats — some seated, some standing, some spoken word, some visual, some limited capacity, some participatory. We apologise but some parts of the Z-arts building are not wheelchair accessible. For specific age + access information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 232 6086.
To date, Haphazard has seen ping pong balls and squeaky toys; human dogs, cats, giant rats and the Gendersaurus Rex; hula-hooping and human quoits; a giant periscope, a golden toilet and a tiny bee-shaped world — why not join us to see what 2017 will conjure? Sing-a-long with a fish, walk like Sponge Bob, dance with a bear or play a trick on your friends…
What people have said about Haphazard
• Bizarre surreal fun. Creative. Very interactive. Unpredicatable.
• Quirky performances, lots going on. First-timer here, would come back.
• Better than Shrek the Musical… freedom to explore & children to play. Brilliant!
Audience Feedback from 2016
• Absolutely brilliant, for kids and grown ups.
• We liked the drop-in, continuous feel, like you weren’t missing stuff.
• Loved the way the event uses the whole space. Wacky and creative fun!
Audience Feedback from 2015
• Great! Everyone was energetic & friendly — very easy to interact with!
• Suitably crazy & surreal for children and their grown-ups.
• Really enjoyed the event and it’s particularly nice to experience something a bit different, especially as adults, it is quite eye-popping…
Audience Feedback from 2013
Haphazard 2017 is a Manchester Confidential TOP 10 for March/April.
Haphazard 2017 is produced by hÅb + Z-arts; supported using public funding by Arts Council England, funded by Manchester City Council + supported by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. | Image: Chris Sav